Tucked away in the old, quaint suburb of Tremont in West Cleveland, is the original house from the 1983 cult classic, “A Christmas Story.” Yes, that’s right, Ralphie Parker’s house wasn’t actually located in Hohman, Indiana as it’s portrayed in the film. (I realize for some this may be life changing information.)
In 2004 a private developer, Brian Jones, purchased the 19th century Victorian home. It was only used for external shots in the movie, so Jones (an avid fan of A Christmas Story) drew detailed plans of its interiors which were filmed on a Toronto sound stage. He eventually gutted the structure and transformed it into a near-replica of the home in the movie, both inside and out.
Across the street is the museum and gift shop where you can view the original props, costumes, and memorabilia, including Randy’s snowsuit and the chalkboard from Miss Shields’ classroom.
The house-turned-tourist-attraction is now open year round to the public for tours and seems to have rejuvenated an otherwise low key, blue-collar community.
If you have a sentimental connection or consider the movie a holiday classic, I’d recommend a visit.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.