Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s reader tip comes from reader Cathie R., who shared a great parking app to use at LAX and other airports after reading last Friday’s tip about airport parking (including at LAX):
“Offering another suggestion, because I think the parking around LAX is ridiculously expensive, I downloaded the app Way and it suggests less expensive parking. The parking may be a bit further than Lot E, but it can be less expensive than $12 per day. Just another option!”
Thanks, Cathie! Yes, the Way app is free for iOS and Android and can help you find cheap airport parking at more than 80 U.S. airports. It connects and lets you pay for parking spots of all styles, including on-site and off-site, short-term and long-term, self-park and valet, and more. And in addition to being a parking app, Way—as “the leading all-in-one service marketplace”—offers “exclusive deals on…dining, movie and event tickets.” In short, you can do a lot with it. At the very least, if you need to park at or near LAX or another airport, Way is another tool you can look to.
Have your own favorite parking app or parking tool?
Share it in the comments below!
More parking help
- Rent a Smaller Car in Europe If You Plan to Park on the Street
- The Parking Spot Rewards Program Is New and Improved
- How to Pay for Parking Using Your Phone
- How to Remember Your Room Number or Parking Spot
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.