Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Angela, who tweeted a tip for cruisers who go on cruise excursions during a recent #TravelSkills chat (which I will co-host again each Friday in 2020). Here’s Angela’s tip:
“Order chips and sandwiches from room service for free in the morning of your beach excursion and throw them in the soft sided cooler you pack. Then you are not wasting time finding and paying for lunch, more beach time! I always bring zip lock bags too for keeping clean ice.”
If you enjoy hunting for and finding local restaurants when you travel, then this tip may not be for you. But if you prioritize saving money and time, it’s a good one!
More help with cruises and cruise excursions
- Know That Your Cruise Line May Charge Automatic Gratuity Fees
- 10 Highlights From Norwegian Encore’s Inaugural Cruise to the Bahamas
- These Magnetic Hooks Are a Great Help on Cruises
- Use This Resource Anytime You Cruise
- This Is Another Great Resource for Potential Cruisers
- Travel Book of the Week: “How Six Women Executives Steer the Cruise Industry Today” by Cindy Bertram
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,606!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.