I know a lot of readers are applying for The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®, Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®, and The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard®.
First of all, Barclays is a quirky bank. There, I said it. They can be wishy-washy and it’s hard to know exactly how they will handle you. Many people have been apping (applying for the same card over and over again) the US Airways card, but that has become more difficult as of late.
It appears the best method is to cancel your current US Airways card before applying for it again. I have two US Airways cards and I got them 4 months apart. I was instantly approved for the first one, but not the second.
I ended up calling the Barclays reconsideration department and was approved for my second card in 2 minutes. It was even easier than Chase’s reconsideration, and you know how much I like their reconsideration department.
I actually tried for a third US Airways card (without closing my current two), but I was denied. During the reconsideration call, I was told it was because I already held two of the same product. I can’t argue with that, and they weren’t rude about it at all. They did bring up my recent inquiries for other cards, but that wasn’t the reason I wasn’t approved.
However, I have heard horror stories from people about Barclays’ reconsideration department, so ymmv. In my experience, they have been easy to deal with.
My plan for my next app party is to apply for the Arrival card and if I’m instantly approved, to then apply for the NFL card. That’s if the current offers are still around. If somehow I’m instantly approved for both, then I may try for another US Airways card (if I cancel one of mine before).
Applying for multiple Barclay cards is possible on one day, but it’s not guaranteed. The great thing is that multiple Barclay inquiries have been known to be combined into one. That’s huge. But since Barclays is getting more aggressive with their offers, you may end up needing to check on a pending status or call the reconsideration department after applying for multiple cards.
How to check a pending Barclays application
If you want to check the status of a pending credit card application with Barclays, all you have to do is click the link below. Easy.
You can also check the status of your application by calling Barclays at 1-888-232-0780.
Handling the Barclays reconsideration phone call
If you didn’t get an instant approval or received a denial, don’t cry. You can always reconsider a denial or expedite a decision on a pending application. If you’re not up to speed on the beauties of the recon call, see this post for a full explanation on personal cards and this post for business cards.
Just remember to be polite, know what you’re going say (reasoning for the new card), point out your great credit history (if you can’t, then you shouldn’t be applying for a card anyway), and be confident.
If you’ve applied for a version of a Barclays that you already have (much harder to do now), then be ready to explain how you need to separate spending, etc.
If you don’t get the answer you’re looking for, then politely hang up and try back in a couple days.
The Barclays reconsideration phone number is 866-408-4064.
I hope this helps you with a pending status or denial on one of the Barclays. If you enjoyed this post please sub to my newsletter below, and stay up to date on all rewards news. As always, email me or comment below if you still have questions or want to share your Barclays story.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.