Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s reader tip comes from reader JoAnn, who—at an appropriate time—shares a reminder to pack extra medication:
“I always pack two days of extra meds in case of a delay. Before a trip to Cancun, I filled my spare med container with a two-week supply, even though our trip was 10 days. We had to overnight in Denver at the beautiful Westin airport hotel, and I somehow left my meds in the hotel and didn’t realize it until we got to Cancun. Fortunately, I had packed enough for two weeks in my extra med container so it was fine. This time I did it by accident, but I will always pack a lot of extra in the future.”
We ran a similar tip a few years back, but it’s been a while—and this is an important one. Nobody wants to be stuck without prescription meds (and the corresponding prescriptions). And right now, with coronavirus fears leaving open the possibility of 14-day quarantines, etc., it’s as good a time as ever to remind yourself to think ahead. Thanks, JoAnn!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,646!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.