Today’s tip, in the theme of our usual Friday reader tips, comes from a friend of the site: Heather Poole, a flight attendant for a major airline who inspired this week’s app of the week. In last Friday’s #TravelSkills chat, Heather tweeted an important piece of advice for anyone traveling over the holiday season:
“When you’re traveling home for the holidays, don’t forget that the people working at the airport and the crew on your flight aren’t celebrating with their family this year so they can help get you safely to your destination.”
It’s a good reminder and one to carry forward through the new year. On that note, this will be the last travel tip of 2018. We’ll be taking the next week-plus of travel tips off and returning to the usual daily schedule on January 1, 2019. The weekly newsletter, meanwhile, will continue in condensed holiday form for the next two weeks.
Merry Christmas, happy holidays and happy New Year!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,352!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.