Have you ever found yourself wishing you could drive the first car you owned or take your spouse in a classic hot rod? If so, check out DriveShare. They help dreamers relive those days by getting you behind the wheel of a classic car for a day or a weekend rental. They also help owners make some extra cash.
As a renter, here’s how it works (from the site):
- “Find A Car: Easily search our vast collection of great automobiles (categories are: Classic Cars, Exotic, Muscle, Classic Truck, Hot Rod, Luxury, Antique, Kit Car).
- Ask Questions: Review photos, details and reviews of each car. Ask any questions directly to the owner.
- Book It & Enjoy: Sign up is quick and easy. Set up a convenient time and location and enjoy the ride!
- Return The Car: When the rental period is over, simply return the vehicle and make sure to review your experience”
Every vehicle rented through DriveShare includes a commercial auto policy that provides liability coverage for both bodily injury and property damage for the rental period. Prices vary, but owners have full control of each rental. The advice to owners is to set the price, mileage and deposit. Review the renter’s profile to see their rental history and rental certifications before you approve the rental.
In L.A. (where I live) you can rent anything from a 1964 Ford Mustang Convertible ($225 a day) to a 2016 Lamborghini Hurracan ($1,900 a day). My personal faves are from Hollywood, like the 1989 Knight Industries KITT Car (a KITT replica with working scanner light and functional dash, and it talks), which goes for $174 a day. Or the 1981 Delorean DMC-12 ($800 a day).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.