As detailed in this new contributor post, the post-merger Marriott Rewards program is taking its final shape. On August 18, the Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) programs will become one, and members of both Marriott Rewards and SPG will be able to log in and merge their account balances into one. Some will see a new account number. Today’s tip, however, concerns the updated award redemption chart.
The current award redemption structure will be available for booking through August 18. Some bookings will cost more points after that date, and some will cost fewer points. If you’re planning to use Marriott/SPG points to book a vacation for later this year or next, make sure to check this official redemption chart (which includes the difference in points required) to determine when you should book to maximize your points. If the hotel you’re booking is going up in point price, you should try to book it before August 18. If it’s going down, then wait to book until after August 18. See more on what you need to know in the full post.
Also: Legacy Marriott Rewards members who plan to book hotels with points down the line don’t need to have the full necessary points to book now. If you don’t have enough points to cover a booking, you can still book the hotel and then pay it off 10 days prior to arrival.
More: New hotel card offers.
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,252!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.