This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The oneworld airline alliance is about to add its first full African airline partner. Royal Air Maroc officially joins oneworld on April 1, 2020. Your flights to Africa, and Morrocco in particular, can be more rewards. Oneworld frequent flyers can enjoy benefits when the partnership finalizes.
The Addition of Royal Air Maroc to oneworld
One of the most popular routes will be between New York-JFK and Casablanca. Other major U.S. hubs that Royal Air Maroc operates from are Boston, Washington-Dulles, and Miami. Most of these flights have a business class cabin with lie-flat seats and an economy section.
Members of the oneworld alliance include:
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- LATAM Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- S7 Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines
Fiji Airways is also a connect partner of oneworld.
Pro tip: Use one of the best credit cards for purchasing flight tickets to travel. Use a flexible credit card that has a oneworld transfer partner(s) to maximize your points/miles.
Note that American Airlines will also begin offering service to Casablanca on June 4, 2020.
Oneworld Frequent Flyer Benefits
Codeshares currently exist with certain oneworld partners including American Airlines, Iberia, and Qatar Airways. Starting April 1, 2020, oneworld frequent flyers can enjoy benefits and perks on Royal Air Maroc-operated flights.
Royal Air Maroc flights will also qualify for oneworld Explorer and Global Explorer fares. If you plan on flying on several oneworld alliance members for a multi-city journey, you now have another carrier option.
As the April 1 integration date approaches, more partnership benefits between oneworld members may go live.
Safar Flyer Benefits
Safar Flyer loyalty club members can also begin enjoying oneworld perks on April 1, 2020. The exact privileges depend on your loyalty status. The most elite members can enjoy access to the 650 oneworld lounges. Plus, you can enjoy priority check-in and boarding.
Safar Flyer Platinum members will have matching oneworld Priority Emerald privileges. Perks include access to the business and first-class lounges, first-class priority check-in, priority boarding, and expedited security lanes (where available).
Safar Flyer Gold members will have oneworld Priority Sapphire privileges. Amenities include access to business class lounges.
Safar Flyer Silver members have oneworld Priority Ruby privileges. Business-class priority check-in can be the most valuable perk. Others include waitlist priority and access to preferred seating.
Royal Air Maroc can be a rewarding option if you want to earn oneworld perks flying to Africa. Plus, this alliance is also beneficial to the most loyal Royal Air Maroc Safar Club members. They now have access to more lounges and benefits when flying on a oneworld itinerary.
- Best credit cards for American Airlines
- How to Book a Round the World Trip Using Points and Miles
- 5 Best Credit Cards With Travel Insurance Perks
- Best Credit Cards for International Travel
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.