Check it out! On Thursday, June 13 The Duchess of Cambridge will be in Southampton, England to serve as the Royal Princess’ Godmother – the newest addition to Princess Cruises’ fleet. And I will be there in person to see the longtime maritime tradition of breaking a champagne bottle on the bow of the ship and you can watch it live online at 11:30 am UK/ 6:30 am ET / 3:30am PT (I know it’s early for Americans). Also on hand will be British singer-songwriter Natasha Bedingfield who will perform “Unwritten” at the inaugural ceremony.
Many British ship-naming traditions will take place including, a blessing of the vessel by The Duchess, a performance by The Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines Portsmouth (Royal Band) and a performance by the pipers of the Irish Guards so it should be fun to see.
Did you know: Princess has a long history of notable Godmothers who have helped christen ships, including Princess Diana, Margaret Thatcher and Sophia Loren, among others. More information can be found at: Princess.com/godmothers.
About Royal Princess:
Royal Princess will depart on her maiden voyage on June 16 to Barcelona, beginning a season of Mediterranean cruises. In the fall, the ship will sail in the Eastern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale. The 3,600-passenger Royal Princess is a new-generation ship. Among the special features found on board will be a dramatic atrium, the social hub of the ship; an over-water SeaWalk, a top-deck glass-bottomed walkway extending 28 feet beyond the edge of the ship; plush private poolside cabanas that appear to be floating on water; the new Princess Live! television studio; the largest pastry shop at sea; a special Chef’s Table Lumiere, a private dining experience that surrounds diners in a curtain of light; and balconies on all outside staterooms.
More information and video previews of the ship are available at www.princess.com/royalprincess.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.