Here are the official rules for the Trip to Queensland, Australia Blogger Contest!
TOURISM AND EVENTS QUEENSLAND AND JOHNNYJET.COM
5 DAYS IN QUEENSLAND BLOGGER COMPETITION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By submitting an entry, you shall be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions.
- Entries which do not fulfill the criteria will be rejected. For the purposes of the competition, an “entrant” is defined broadly to include any blogger. Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria: a. entry is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entryb. entries will not be accepted from Tourism and Events Queensland employees, immediate family or TEQ’s partners, sponsors and other agencies associated with the competition.c. the winning entrant will require good physical and mental health to undertake the activities on offer.
- To enter the competition, you must submit your entry written in English with your contact details to the competition hashtag #5DaysInQueensland and copy in @JohnnyJet; and [email protected] during the opening time of the competition. Entries received outside these times will not be considered.
- The competition opens at 12am Pacific Daylight Saving Time (PDST) on Wednesday 29 May, 2013 and closes at 23.59 (PDST) on Sunday 23rd June 2013. Any entries received after the closing time including delayed or misdirected entries, or entries which are not received due to server function or technical difficulties, will not be accepted.
- Entrants may submit only one entry to be eligible.
- Selection of the winner by a panel of judges selected by Tourism and Events Queensland. Selection will be based upon originality and creativity of an entry. The panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the selection process.
- The winner will be contacted by telephone or email at the contact information provided with the entry within seven business days of the competition close by a Tourism and Events Queensland representative.
- The winner must confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing to Tourism and Events Queensland within five business days of notification or the judging panel may review the and may choose an alternative winner. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or illegible address information or the non-delivery of any prize, or for any unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsors by email if the entrant changes his/her email address.
- The prize must be taken in full by June 30, 2014, however this is subject to change at Tourism and Events Queensland’s discretion depending on availability of flights, accommodation and experiences. These dates exclude travel time to and from Queensland, Australia. Terms and conditions of the individual service providers apply.
10. Any pre and post touring extensions will be considered upon request however any extensions, changes or other activities must be borne by the winner.
11. The prize is for one person only.
12. The prize includes:
- return travel for the winner from LAX airport to Queensland by carrier/s to be nominated by Tourism and Events Queensland.
- 5 nights’ accommodation in Queensland, ground transfers and main meals for the duration of the itinerary by a selection of providers to be nominated by Tourism and Events Queensland.
- Option to attend the Pro-blogger conference on the Gold Coast including registration fee and two nights’ accommodation (as part of total 5 night prize in Queensland)
- various experiences, day tours, activities and most entertainment.
13. Accompanying friend/partner may be considered in consultation with Tourism and Events Queensland however all costs including airfares, accommodation, tours, meals etc. must be borne by the individual. Tourism and Events Queensland will not plan separate itinerary options for accompany friends/partners and reserves the right to deny additional attendees.
14. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
15. The winning entrant must hold a current passport and be eligible for the appropriate short term visa to Australia. For visa information visit www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist. The winning entrant must arrange and pay for their own visa to Australia prior to travel. Tourism and Events Queensland will not be held responsible for any visas that are not approved prior to the travel date resulting in inability to travel.
16. Travel insurance is not provided and Tourism and Events Queensland requires that the winning entrant obtain comprehensive travel insurance, including medical coverage (at their own expense) prior to travel. Tourism and Events Queensland may request documentary evidence of insurance being obtained prior to travel.
17. Tourism and Events Queensland shall be entitled to cancel an itinerary without notice should a winning entrant engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behavior, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings Tourism and Events Queensland or any person or organization involved in the promotion into public disrepute. Individuals who infringe this provision may be removed from the promotion and returned to their home destination. Any additional costs incurred in removal from the promotion will be at the individual’s expense.
18. All personal expenses shall be the responsibility of the individual, unless expressly specified.
19. Fringe benefits tax, prize tax or other tax liabilities may be incurred by participation in the Event. Each winning entrant will be responsible for payment of any applicable taxes.
20. Each winning entrant agrees to participate in Tourism and Events Queensland’s promotional activities such as media interviews and photographic shoots at no cost to Tourism and Events Queensland.
21. By entering, each entrant represents and warrant that:
- your entry material and content is and will be an original work.
- All material submitted is accompanied with appropriate licenses, permissions and clearances enabling Tourism and Events Queensland and its licensees to publish, broadcast, communicate and distribute the content in all media formats.
- you own and control all of the rights to any content you may use either for the entry or during your trip in Australia, or you otherwise have the lawful right to distribute such content.
- your content is accurate and not misleading.
- any content you submit does not contain any obscene, defamatory, inappropriate or unlawful material.
- the use and posting or other transmission of the content will not violate the rights of any person or entity.
- You agree to indemnify Tourism and Events Queensland and its authorized licensees for any breach of these warranties.
22. You agree to grant Tourism and Events Queensland a non-exclusive, perpetual license without cost to use the content that you produce while in Australia to promote Queensland as a tourism destination through Tourism and Events Queensland’s online assets, for example, but not limited to, using it on Tourism and Events Queensland’s blog and Facebook page.
23. Tourism and Events Queensland takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted, stored or uploaded on your blog sites, nor is Tourism and Events Queensland liable for any mistakes, defamation, omissions, falsehoods, or obscenity in relation to the content.
24. By entering this competition, you subscribe to receive online updates and communications from Tourism and Events Queensland concerning the competition and thereafter to receive other online communications from Tourism and Events Queensland.
25. All entrants agree to release and indemnify Tourism and Events Queensland against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of their involvement in the competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
26. Tourism and Events Queensland reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time.
27. The Sponsors are Tourism and Events Queensland and Johnny Jet.
28. Limits of Liability: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsors have no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that result from entrance into the Contest or receipt, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. Contest Sponsors assume no liability for lost or misdirected entry forms regardless of the circumstances.
The Sponsors maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing service, products, or accommodations as a part of the prize packages including, without limitation. The Sponsors shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Sponsors or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by the Sponsors, (3) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sponsors or (4) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsors.
29. The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the Competition at any time if the integrity of the Competition is, in the Sponsors sole and absolute discretion, compromised in any way. By entering the Contest, entrants release and hold the Sponsors harmless from and against any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Competition or resulting from entrance in the Competition, or receipt, acceptance, possession or use of the prize. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the Sponsors sole and absolute discretion.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.