RunPee isn’t a travel app per se, but it is a movie-related app, and I know a lot of people who like to go to the movies when they travel. (I’m not sure that’s the best use of time while on vacation unless you’re trying to get a sense of place or seeing a movie that was filmed in the destination, but that’s just me.) The app has been around since 2005, but because of all the hype around Avengers: Endgame‘s three-hour run time, it’s suddenly all over the news—so much so that the uptick in usage crashed the app, and the developer is working on a fix at the time this posts.
When it’s working (and it seems it will work again), RunPee (free to download on both iOS and Android) is an app that movie-goers are sure to love. The premise is simple: to “improve your movie-going experience” by identifying the best times in movies to “run and pee” so you don’t miss important scenes. The database is updated weekly, whenever wide-release films open in theaters. Right now, there are more than 1,300 movies in the database. The app also provides a synopsis with each Peetime so you know exactly what you missed while you were gone. There’s apparently no other resource like it in the entire world.
To use it, you pick your movie and start time and start watching the movie. The built-in timer will then alert you, by discreet vibration, when a Peetime is coming so you don’t have to worry about bothering the people around you in the theater. There’s also a free feature that will tell you what extra scenes to expect with or after the credits and when, and if they’re worth staying for.
There’s no charge to use RunPee with movies older than three months, but not everything is free. It costs money to update, the team notes, so there’s a nominal fee to use it with new movies: $0.99 for 10 Peecoins, $1.99 for 20 Peecoins and $20 for infinity Peecoins. If you don’t want to spend cash, there’s also an option to watch video ads to get Peecoins.
RunPee is available in many languages, including: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.