Today, on a dreary Thursday, on the Hudson River beside Tribeca, I joined the Offshore Sailing School for a quick two-hour sail. And it was great. The views were insane—with the top of the Freedom Tower lost to the clouds—and the air was salty and fresh(er). The school’s special edition 50th-anniversary sails snapped blue and red and white against an easterly wind.
Being out on the water in a city like New York affords one a rare sense of place, and adventure. As I saw today, legendary sailing couple Steve and Doris Colgate provide easy access to both from their location on Manhattan’s Pier 25, as well as from six others: Jersey City (NJ), St. Petersburg (FL), Captiva Island (FL), Fort Meyers (FL), Tortola (BVI), and the new and private Scrub Island (BVI). At each of these locations, America’s number one sailing school offers an unmatched sailing education/experience/full-on, all-inclusive sailing holiday (employing their custom-made Colgate 26 sailboats).
Want to sail during your lunch break in NYC? Want to learn to sail from the best on a private Caribbean island? Check out more on Offshore Sailing School here:
- Offshore Sailing School (website)
- Offshore Sailing School locations
- About Offshore Sailing School
- About founder Steve and Doris Colgate
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.