SAN DIEGO, CALIF. – Wildfires are currently active in the north and east county regions of San Diego, outside of the city. The fires are primarily centered in rural and residential areas and do not pose an impact to visitors to San Diego at this time. All of San Diego’s major attractions including LEGOLAND California, SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and the Zoo’s Safari Park are open for business. The region’s beaches, bays and popular tourist areas like Balboa Park, downtown’s historic Gaslamp Quarter, La Jolla, Coronado and Mission Bay are welcoming guests with open arms. All main highways in San Diego including the I-8, I-5, I-15 and I-805 are clear; however, there are occasional road detours and closures in the immediate residential areas near the fires. Air quality is also normal except for the immediate areas around the fires. The San Diego International Airport is open and operating normally; public transport and rail service like Amtrak and the commuter Coaster service are operating regularly. Conditions can change during wildfires, so guests planning to visit San Diego should check the most current, up-to-date information on the San Diego Tourism Authority’s website, www.sandiego.org, as their travel approaches to the region. The following resources are also available to the public providing up-to-date information on all aspects of the wildfires’ impact across San Diego, including road closures and air quality in specific areas of the region:
- San Diego County Emergency: http://sdcountyemergency.com
- 211 San Diego: http://211sandiego.org
- CalFire (CA.gov): http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_current?pc=5&cp=0
- San Diego Air Quality: http://www.sdapcd.org/air/forecasts/otoday.html
- Text Messaging Alerts from local agencies: http://local.nixle.com/register/
The San Diego Tourism Authority’s International Visitors Information Center (IVIC) is open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm PST and can be reached by calling 619.236.1212 or emailing [email protected]. Visitors planning travel to San Diego can also contact IVIC for inquiries.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.