If you and your dog are visiting Santa Barbara and want to venture beyond the lovely beach at the Four Seasons Biltmore, here are some great options:
Arroyo Burro Beach Park, 2981 Cliff Drive: On and off leash. Locals call it Hendry’s Beach, and dogs call it heaven. Self-service dog washing stations available.
Rincon Park and Beach, Bates Road: A great place to watch surfers.
Goleta Beach County Park, 5990 Sandspit Road, Goleta: One town north of Santa Barbara. This park offers paved trails for bikers and their dogs.
Shoreline Park, 1200 Shoreline Drive: A city park located on the bluffs overlooking the beach near the Santa Barbara harbor.
Knapp’s Castle Trail, E. Camino Cielo Road off the 154: A hike to the ruins of a stone lodge and a view of the Santa Ynez valley.
Rattlesnake Canyon Trail, on Las Canoas before Skofield Park: Don’t let the name put you off; this 3.5 mile hike offers a creek and easy hiking.
Cold Spring Trail and Montecito Park, off E. Mountain Drive: A longer, more strenuous hike with plenty of water.
Seven Falls Trail, at the end of Tunnel Road: Attention, Labradors! Another longer, more strenuous hike with plenty of water.
Santa Barbara County has a number of leash-free parks that you can find by checking out its website.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.