This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The folks at Chase keep making it easy for Chase Sapphire Reserve® members to earn bonus points on daily purchases. Cardmembers have a trio of Instacart benefits including bonus Ultimate Rewards and statement credits. But you’ll need to act relatively quickly as these extra perks end on September 30, 2020.
Earn 5x Ultimate Rewards on Instacart Purchases
The first bonus opportunity is earning 5 Ultimate Rewards per $1 with Instacart. You earn 5x bonus points on the first $3,000 in Instacart purchases you make from July 1, 2020, to September 30, 2020. All remaining purchases continue to earn 1 point per $1 with the Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
No activation is necessary for this offer so you can effortlessly spend and earn bonus Ultimate Rewards.
Don’t miss these other two limited-time purchase bonuses from July 1, 2020, to September 30, 2020:
- 5x points at gas stations on the first $1,500
- 10x points on select streaming services on the first $1,500
You will continue to earn unlimited 3 Ultimate Rewards per $1 on all travel (immediately after earning the $300 travel credit) and dining purchases. These added benefits only add to the value of this metal credit card.
Up to $50 in Instacart Express Membership Credits
If you’re a frequent Instacart user, you can save money by joining Instacart Express. Annual Instacart Express memberships cost $99, or you pay $9.99 monthly.
Express memberships waive the delivery fee and you get reduced service fees for $35+ orders. Buying membership before September 30, 2020, applies a $50 statement credit to your annual membership.
If you choose the monthly option, you can potentially get a $9.99 statement in August and September. As this benefit went live on July 1, 2020, your July Instacart Express membership fee can get a credit too.
In addition to the $50 in Instacart Express credits, Chase also applies your Chase Sapphire Reserve® $300 travel statement credit to grocery and gas station purchases from June 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020.
Besides the Instacart statement credits, you can get free DoorDash DashPass. This partner benefit waives the delivery fee and reduces service fees on orders of $12 or more. Another DoorDash benefit you may enjoy is $60 for DoorDash statement credits in 2020 and another $60 for 2021.
Bonus Statement Credits for Grocery Purchases
One of the many Chase Sapphire Reserve benefits is the 50% travel redemption bonus. In short, each Ultimate Rewards point is worth 1.5 cents each when booking award travel on the Chase travel portal. This is a good way to use your points when you’re traveling but not with a 1:1 transfer partner.
As you’re probably not traveling as often as usual this year, the redemption bonus can apply to recent grocery store purchases. The Chase Pay Yourself Back feature applies the 50% redemption bonus to grocery stores (including Instacart grocery purchases), restaurants, and home improvement stores.
There is no redemption limit besides the current deadline of September 30, 2020.
As a quick comparison, each Ultimate Rewards point is only worth 1 cent each for standard cash redemptions.
Other Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits
In addition to this trio of Instacard benefits, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® continues to offer these travel benefits:
- $300 annual travel credit
- 1:1 point transfers to airlines and hotels
- Priority Pass Select lounge membership
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Luxury Hotel and Resort special benefits including complimentary room upgrades and early check-in
- Primary rental car insurance (on most US car rentals)
- Trip cancellations and interruption insurance
- One year of complimentary Lyft Pink membership
- Earn 10x points on Lyft purchases through March 2022 (other rideshares only earn 3x points)
Learn more about the benefits of the Reserve in our in-depth Chase Sapphire Reserve review.
Summary of the Chase Sapphire Reserve Instacart Benefits
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is offering more purchase and statement credit bonuses than most premium credit cards. These bonuses can make it worth it to continue owning this card as Ultimate Rewards continue to be one of the most valuable credit card points. Also, the Reserve’s sister card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred®, also comes with a bonus. The Chase Sapphire Instacart bonus can help cardholders still earn rewards until travel is safe again.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.