Luis Rivera-Marín, executive director of the Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC), announced this week that travelers have a little more time to take advantage of the Island’s first-ever free adventure promotion.The offer, which gives travelers the chance to see for themselves how Puerto Rico does it better with unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences, was extended to October 31, 2012.
Additionally, PRTC announced new hotel, air, and online travel agency partners, including a $100 discount when booking through JetBlue Getaways and a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer to Vieques via Vieques Air Link.
Book a minimum four nights’ stay with one of 39 participating hotels and choose a free, Island-exclusive experience from a wide variety such as the following:
- Kayak in one of the world’s only six bioluminescent bays (Puerto Rico has three)
- Hiking tour of El Yunque rainforest (the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. Forest System)
- Culinary tour of San Juan (think: pork, plantains and piña coladas)
- Catamaran tour
- Old San Juan (or Caguas) city tour
- Ziplines, including the world’s highest zipline, The Beast, at ToroVerde Adventure Park (go over 60 mph)
- Guided biking in Old San Juan (the oldest city under the American flag)
- Golf at one of the Island’s world-class fairways (Robert Trent Jones, Greg Norman, Fazio Brothers, and others)
Not sure which experience is right for you? Take the “Adventure Matchmaker” quiz on PRTC’s Facebook fan page (facebook.com/SeePuertoRico) to match your personal interests with the right experience for you.
Book Now and Save Even More
Speak with your travel professional or visit www.seepuertorico.com’s consumer promotion landing page that provides consumers with full details about the promotion.
JetBlue Getaways, as well as select online travel agencies and wholesalers, are also now offering the promotion to their customers, offering a $100 discount to travelers who book packages (air and hotel) through JetBlue Getaways.
Vieques Air Link announced a buy-one-get-one free ticket offer for travelers to Vieques that began September 17 and will expire December 31, 2012. With the purchase of the first one-way ticket from anywhere Vieques Air Link flies to Vieques, the return flight will be free. The offer is valid with reservations at participating hotels including Hacienda Tamarindo, Inn at Blue Horizon, Hix House, and the W Retreat and Spa (see our review on this hotel below…).
The Fine Print
The booking has been extended to October 31, 2012 for travel before November 16, 2012 and will be combined with select promotional offers at participating hotels. Different tours will be available at different properties and are subject to change.
Upon check-in, the customer will receive a free tour voucher that then can be redeemed with the hotel tour desk or front desk. Minimum stay is four nights; limit of one tour voucher per person and two per booking.
Read more on Puerto Rico:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.