This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
You may be familiar with the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, one of the best credit cards for travel rewards, but did you know there is an alternative option that comes with no annual fee? The IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card earns up to 15x points total per $1 spent at IHG properties along with some other exciting benefits. And, there’s a 60,000 point bonus! To earn the 60k points, new IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card cardholders must spend $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
The information for the IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card Benefits
The IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card comes with the following IHG travel benefits:
- Reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn up to 15x points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2x points per $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- All remaining purchases earn 1x point per $1 spent
This card has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. As long as you earn or redeem your IHG points within a 12 month period, your IHG points balance will not expire.
What Doesn’t the IHG Traveler Card Offer?
When you hear the phrase, “IHG credit card” getting a reward hotel night certificate might be one of the first thoughts that enter your mind. While it’d be awesome to get a reward IHG night each card anniversary, that isn’t the case.
Compared to the more elite IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, you won’t get these benefits:
- Reward anniversary night certificate
- Upgraded membership status
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fee reimbursement
With the basic IHG Traveler credit card, you’ll only have entry-level IHG Club membership status. This lets you book discounted Your Rate nights when you pay with cash. You need to make at least $10,000 in total card purchases to upgrade to IHG Gold status for the rest of this year and all of next year to enjoy additional benefits.
These include things like late checkout, welcome amenity, and point redemption bonuses.
Should You Apply for the IHG Traveler Card?
How often do you stay at IHG properties? To help you better answer that question, here is a list of IHG hotels:
- Six Senses
- InterContinental Hotels and Resorts
- Hotel Indigo
- Even Hotels
- Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Staybridge Suites
- Atwell Suites
- Candlewood Suites
- IHG Rewards Club
If your answer is, “not often, but enough to own a credit card to earn bonus points,” then the IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card might be a good option for you.
The IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card is best at earning bonus IHG points on top of your regular stays and ensuring your points balance never expires. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about any annual fees, which is a great added bonus.
Is It Better to Try for the IHG Premier Card Instead?
If you’re willing to spend $89 a year, you might enjoy the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card that offers more travel benefits. You get:
- Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide
- Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- IHG Platinum Elite status
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fee credit (up to $100)
- Earn up to 25x points total on IHG purchases
These additional benefits are a bargain for even the most casual IHG travelers. You can learn more in our IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card review.
If you want to earn points without having to worry about foreign transaction fees or any annual fees, the IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card may be best. You’ll still get a 4th reward night and the ability to earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months isn’t a bad deal.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.