You might think I’d be foolish to feature a competitor’s site as a place to find flight deals, but that’s not my philosophy. I always give credit when it’s due, and Scott’s Cheap Flights deserves a ton of credit. It’s one of the best tools for finding cheap flights anywhere.
A few years ago, founder Scott (Scott Keyes) seemingly came out of nowhere. He started sending out email alerts with cheap flights to his family and friends in 2013, and then in 2015 he opened his emails up to the public. Now, Scott has two (2!) million members! Scott’s Cheap Flights offers two newsletters: one that’s free and then a premium newsletter for members ($49/year). At first, I didn’t think that the premium newsletter was worth the money, but I have seen the light. It’s worth it. In fact, Scott could charge twice as much and it’d still be worth it, as he and his team of 30 really do find the best flight deals around.
The subject lines of Scott’s premium emails are usually packed to give members enough info to know if they want to open the email or not (of course it’s not a big deal to just open and read them). The deals in each email usually link to Google Flights, where Scott says he spends 8-12 hours a day. Here are a few sample deals, all of which Scott shared this past week:
- *biz class, nonstop* Mexico City — $300s/$400s (RT, no bag fees) Jan – May
- China — $300s/low-$400s (RT, no bag fees) Jan – May
- *nonstop* New York to Milan — $409 (RT, no bag fees) Jan – Mar
- 🐉 Cardiff / Bristol — $400s (RT, bags extra) Jan – May / Aug – Oct
- 🛫 Kuala Lumpur — $500s/$600s (RT, no bag fees) Jan – May / Aug – Oct
- 🌴 Trinidad — $200s/$300s (RT) Jan – Apr / Sep – Oct
- 🐠 Belize — $200s/$300s (RT) Jan – Apr / Sep – Oct
- 🗝️ *nonstop* London — $300s (RT, bags extra) Jan – May / Aug – Oct
- 🎈 Europe — $400s (RT) Jan – Mar
- 🐠 *nonstop* SFO / LAX to Tahiti — $600s (RT, no bag fees) Dec – May
- ☘️ Dublin — $400s (RT, bags extra) Jan – Mar
More help finding flight deals
Scott’s Cheap Flights newsletters (free and especially the premium flight deals newsletter) are among the many tools and tricks you can use to find flight deals. In this post, I spell out 17 of them.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.