A startup based in New York called Mimicr has launched a screen-sharing app for mobile phone (currently Android only) with voice calling capability. A lot of screen-sharing apps facilitate screen-sharing between phones and computers or TVs, but very few allow for phone-to-phone screen-sharing in real time. Mimicr makes that possible.
The app operates like a regular calling app. Screen-sharing and voice calls are initiated by simply calling a contact via the Mimicr address book. As soon as the person picks up, the screen-sharing begins. It’s also quite interactive, with features like playful emojis, pause/resume (when you want to address something private), mute/unmute, and “presenter swap” functions.
While screen-sharing, users can use Mimicr to browse news or social media feeds together, catch sports highlights, flip through photo galleries, or do live presentations on the go. Personally, I think the most useful part of Mimicr might be that you can use it to get tech support from (or give it to) while traveling or separated. If I can get my dad to figure out how to download it, I’ll be able to see what’s wrong with his phone (there’s always something).
Here’s a video showing how it works:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.