Today was a lazy day aboard Seabourn Spirit. We sailed Triluke Bay, which is an uninhabited cove on the southernmost coast of Pasman. We dropped anchor about a half mile from Sali, Croatia, which is a small town but the largest on the island of Dugi otok. It turns out Dugi otok is the seventh largest island in the Adriatic Sea and the name means “Long Island”.
It was just supposed to be a marina day, which means the staff pulls out all of the water toys: banana boats, kayaks, pedal boats, water skis, wind surfers and a caged pool. It’s kind of lame for those who don’t have kids since it’s such a secure environment and you can’t swim off the boat – but everyone did seem to enjoy it. The banana boat rides do fill up fast so sign up early.
Fortunately for us, the captain decided to authorize tenders to go back and forth to shore. Natalie and I got on the first boat and walked around the sleepy little town. Highlights were: walking around until we got lost, talking to a local who directed us to the best spot to swim and told us that we were 80 kilometers from Italy by boat and about 500 by car (after you take a short ferry) and enjoying the hot dry air. Interestingly, we also saw two cars in separate driveways with U.S. license plates (WA & CA) – certainly makes the world feel small.
Natalie and I thought we had discovered this incredible secluded swimming hole with just locals until we spotted a number of the cruise passengers making their way around a picturesque path. There were plenty of spots for people to set up camp and the water was super clear and refreshing (though a tad on the cool side).
We are now making our way to our second to last port, which means the trip is sadly coming to an end. Right now the seas are completely flat but the captain said the winds are supposed to pick up tomorrow — we’ll see.
Next stop: Rovinj, Croatia.
Related Posts: Day 1: Venice, Italy | Day 2: Sea Day | Day 3: Kotor, Montenegro | Day 4: Corfu, Greece | Day 5: Brindisi, Italy | Day 6: Dubrovnik, Croatia | Day 7: Split, Croatia | Day 9: Rovinj, Croatia
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.