This week’s Travel Website of the Week feature is not a single website but in fact a handful of websites that just received the same promising update. As detailed in this press release, “passengers at John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), and New York Stewart International (SWF) airports can now access up-to-date Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and taxi wait times on the Port Authority’s respective airport websites.”
That’s right: You can see estimates of security wait lines at all four airports. The only exception is United’s Terminal C at Newark, where at least for the moment the feature isn’t yet available. Here’s how it works, via the press release:
“The Port Authority, in coordination with the TSA and other agency partners, has installed BlipTrack, a real-time measurement tool to track and display wait times at TSA checkpoint screening areas and taxi stands. The goal is two-fold: first, to provide this information so that travelers know what to expect and to enable them to plan their travels better and on a more informed basis; second to enable the airports to develop strategies and to target resources to reduce wait times.”
Here are the four airport websites:
Tried it? How accurate are the estimates? Share your experience in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.