So many people kept asking Natalie and I where we were going on our honeymoon (Yes, we got married two weeks ago) I thought it would be more fun to keep it a secret. I then decided to turn it into a game when Marriott offered 50,000 Marriott Rewards to give away to a JohnnyJet.com reader in any kind of contest within a few weeks. Even though we weren’t staying in any of their hotels it was just a fantastic way to reward loyal readers and hopefully attract some new ones.
I was pretty sure no one without having an inside job would guess our first destination and I was right. I also knew that our main destination (Bali) would be a popular choice but since we were flying on Korean Air via Seoul we broke up our trip and our contest. Neither of us had been to Korea before so we gave up a day in paradise to explore and I’m glad we did.
Seoul for 27 Hours
Although we were only in Seoul for 27-hours I now know Korea is a special place. The people and food are worth a visit alone. We found the locals to be super friendly: they smiled, held doors and offered us free samples in the local market even though they knew we weren’t buying.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.