Most people have heard of Serrendipity3 because it’s been a hot spot in New York City since 1954 and is famous for its desserts and frozen hot chocolate. But not too many people know that on December 26,they opened up Serendipity3 in South Beach (1102 Lincoln Road; Tel. 305-403-2210). It’s in the heart of Lincoln Avenue and there was a line out the door on the Sunday afternoon we visited. When I walked in, I realized why – it’s basically a candy store for adults who are not watching their waistlines. Every dish is on steroids. And they haveover 50 to choose from. (Here’s a look at their menu). You can get anything from Wagyu Kobe beef sliders and fried chicken and waffles to Florida black grouper with a panzanella salad. Natalie and I started offwith their signature Frrrozen Hot Chocolate for two ($15). I don’t know what Natalie was thinking but she ordered the All In Nachos ($12) and I got the Thai Beef Salad ($15). I was ready to throw in the towel when the waiter asked about dessert. After seeing their soaring high slices of cake ($9) I had to at least try one so I asked for a sliver of the Red Velvet Cake which was so tasty. I can’t imagine what their Golden Opulence Sundae, which is a Guinness world record holder, tastes like but at $1,000, I will probably never find out.
More on my Miami trip:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.