- Photo by David Eun (@Eunner)
- NTSB pieces together final moments before Asiana Flight 214 crashed in San Francisco
- CNN: The two people who died in the Asiana Airlines crash in San Francisco were Chinese girls, said Yoon Young-doo, the airline’s CEO. Both were in their mid-teens. The other 305 people aboard flight 214 survived, authorities say. Officials said that 182 people were taken to hospitals for treatment.
- RT @AsianaAirlines: Here’s an official press release. For further information regarding OZ213/214, please contact 800-227-4262.
- RT @AsianaAirlines: [ATTN] New contact # for any inquiries regarding the incident of flight OZ214 on Sat. 07/06. Please contact 1-855-422-7214
- Local coverage by KTVU
- CNN: New video shows moment of impact of Asiana Airlines Flight 214 at SFO.
- Phone numbers for family & friends of #SFO PLANE crash victims 1-800-227-4262 in Korea 080-669-8000
Good to Know
- Listen to Asiana 214 traffic with SFO Tower, July 6, 2013
- Asiana says pilot of crashed plane was in training
- FlightAware data for AAR 214.Yesterday (safe) vs today (crash). Steeper descent today
- ABC: Asiana crash survivor says announcement claimed the plane had landed safely
- How to Handle an Emergency Landing
- There had been no fatalities on U.S. commercial jetliners for 4 years before SFO crash
Who to follow on Twitter
- @flySFO: 2 runways are open. Pls check with your airline for arrival and departure info.
- Flight Delay Information – Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- Flight Trackers
- Contact your airline — AirlineNumbers.com
- Need a hotel in SF? HotelTonight.com, Expedia, Priceline
- Live Flight Tracker ✈ San Francisco Intl Airport
- Did the Asiana plane crash make you nervous to fly? Your odds of surviving a crash are better than ever
- Flight delays continue in crash aftermath
- Video: NTSB chair: Asiana flight’s ‘speed was slow’
Asiana 214 Crashes at SFO, and the Airport Remains a Mess
- Fifteen passenger airplane crash survival tips
- After Crash, Asiana Flight Attendants Hailed as Heroes
- Email from a United crew holding short of the runway as the Asiana B-777 approached
- Crisis Management Study by @simpliflying
- Video: Interview I did with Leo Laporte about crash minutes after it happened.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.