Smartify, a London-based company, just launched what may be the Shazam of artwork. Smartify is a free app available for both Android and iOS with which users can scan art pieces and be served identifying information and analysis/thought-starters about each. It works on paintings and 3-D objects like sculptures, and it’s powered by augmented reality and image-recognition technologies.
Smartify is currently available for use in 30 museums including the MET in New York City and the Paul J. Getty in L.A. In London, users can use it for public works, as well. As an added feature, users can also use it to create personal galleries (like Spotify playlists) so that they can return to their favorite artwork offline.
I think it’s a brilliant idea, though some of the user comments say it’s not fully functional. But it’s free and I bet it will improve over time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.