Smartify, a London-based company, just launched what may be the Shazam of artwork. Smartify is a free app available for both Android and iOS with which users can scan art pieces and be served identifying information and analysis/thought-starters about each. It works on paintings and 3-D objects like sculptures, and it’s powered by augmented reality and image-recognition technologies.
Smartify is currently available for use in 30 museums including the MET in New York City and the Paul J. Getty in L.A. In London, users can use it for public works, as well. As an added feature, users can also use it to create personal galleries (like Spotify playlists) so that they can return to their favorite artwork offline.
I think it’s a brilliant idea, though some of the user comments say it’s not fully functional. But it’s free and I bet it will improve over time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.