I used to be afraid to fly, so I truly sympathize with those suffering from a fear of flying. The good news is that you can get over it—because if I did, then anybody can. I recently recommended a fear of flying book called “SOAR.” It’s written by Captain Tom Bunn, who developed effective methods for dealing with flight anxiety. Nearly 10,000 graduates of the SOAR program are now flying anxiety-free.
In addition to his book, the SOAR program has an app (Android and iOS). The SOAR app features tools and guidance designed to help you fly more easily, like immediate access to weather information and turbulence forecasts. There’s even a G-Force button that will read your current turbulence to show you that the plane can easily sustain it.
There are some basic exercises for free but most of the good stuff is pay-to-play. But it’s definitely good to know that with the SOAR app, users can quickly download fear-of-flying courses starting at $19.99.
There’s a variety of course, but in general they will help you become an expert in how flying works and how flight safety is maintained. There’s one on how back-up systems—and back-ups to the back-up—are activated if needed. You can learn about safety systems that prevent pilot error. The featured one is called “Take Me Along,” in which Captain Bunn coaches you step-by-step through the flight.
Have you dealt with a fear of flying? Would you try SOAR?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.