From a friend of mine:
No, this is not spam. On behalf of Soroptimist International of Manhattan Beach (SIMB) I want to let you know about an amazing raffle that our organization is holding. Ordinarily I would not forward something like this en mass unless it is for a great cause (it is) and I can personally vouch for it (I can – I am a member of SIMB’s board). If you are still interested – read on!
On Sunday, May 6th at our Annual Tea, SIMB is raffling off a trip to Turkey for $25/ticket or 5 tickets for $100. The prize includes 2 roundtrip tickets on Turkish Airlines from LAX to Istanbul, Turkey and 5 one night vouchers (NO BLACKOUT DATES!) to any Doubletree hotel in the world. There are actually two Doubletree hotels in Istanbul but the way the prize has been arranged you can use the vouchers at any Doubletree hotel – not just the ones in Turkey. In other words, you can use the airplane tickets to go to Turkey and stay in a Doubletree there for up to five nights or split up the prizes and use the Doubletree vouchers on a completely different trip somewhere else if you wish. Your choice. The value of this prize is between $4000-$5000 depending on the season so this is a GREAT deal if you win!
Aside from winning a great prize – why should you buy a ticket? Simple. All proceeds will benefit SIMB’s projects, which include but are not limited to:
(1) The Crown Jewel Club – www.crownjewelclub.org
(2) Children of the Night – www.childrenofthenight.org
(3) High School Scholarships (including scholarships to members of the “S Club” at Mira Costa, awarded at our annual Awards Dinner on June 4th)
(4) Women’s Opportunity Award – www.soroptomist.org/awards/awards.html
(5) Violet Richardson Award – www.soroptomist.org/members/program/Program_VioletRichardson.html
(6) Ruby Award – Given to a woman who has dedicated her personal or professional life to improving the lives of women and girls
(7) Breast Cancer Comfort Bags
(8) The Older Adult Health Fair
With your help we can continue to support these projects and many more. And, Soroptomist International of Manhattan Beach is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization so your donations are also tax deductible! Our Taxpayer ID is 95-6095754 and is also printed on your raffle ticket stub. Please help support these worthy causes by purchasing a ticket or block of tickets today (you can buy them from me or any member of our club) and good luck! (or as they say in Turkish “Iyi Sanslar!!”). :)
Soroptimist is an international volunteer organization for business and professional women who work to improve the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world. A 501 (c)(3) organization, Soroptimist relies on charitable contributions to fund its programs. Visit www.soroptimist.org to learn more or to make a donation.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.