This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The latest signup bonus for the 3 consumer Southwest Airlines credit cards is making it easier to book award flights and earn the highly-coveted Southwest Companion Pass. New cardmembers can earn 65,000 bonus Rapid Rewards with this limited-time offer. They’ll need to spend $2,000 in the first 3 months to earn the 65k.
65,000 Rapid Rewards Signup Bonus
It’s possible for qualifying new cardmembers to earn 65,000 Rapid Rewards after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months.
This signup offer applies to these three personal travel rewards cards:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- And the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
Qualifying applicants for the bonus offer cannot currently own another consumer Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card or cannot have received a Rapid Rewards signup bonus in the last 24 months.
It’s also important to make sure you’re not subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule. This policy can result in an automatic application denial if you have added at 5 or more new credit cards to your credit history in the most recent 24 months as a primary or authorized user.
You can qualify for this bonus offer if you have one of the Southwest Airlines small business cards or an employee credit card.
Card purchases will earn up to 2 Rapid Rewards per $1 as well on select purchases.
Getting the Southwest Companion Pass in 2021
As more people start flying on a regular basis again, the Southwest Companion Pass can be more valuable. Many Southwest Airlines aficionados time earning the Companion Pass with receiving a co-brand Southwest Rapid Rewards signup bonus.
For 2021, you only need to earn 100,000 qualifying Rapid Rewards to get the Companion Pass.
The normal threshold is 125,000 Rapid Rewards (or 100 qualifying one-way flights). But the airline is giving Rapid Rewards members a 25,000-point credit in 2021 due to COVID-19.
In addition to the signup bonus, points from card purchases and completing Southwest flights count toward the annual point requirement.
Earning the pass now lets one companion fly for the cost of fees and taxes for the second half of 2021 and all of 2022. These are some of the best travel credit cards.
Additional Card Benefits
Having a Southwest credit card can offer additional rewards that can make having this card long-term worth it. Each consumer card offers an anniversary point bonus and benefits to select Chase partners.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card can be the best overall option for many. It offers an annual $75 Southwest Airlines travel credit and 4 Upgraded Bookings per year (when available).
You can compare each card, including the business card options, in our best Southwest credit cards review.
In conclusion, Southwest’s latest signup bonus can be a great option if you want to quickly get Rapid Rewards to book more award flights. You can also get half the points necessary for a Companion Pass, which is one of the best award travel offers for traveling couples. Having these bonus points to use while travel begins to open up can help you get more out of your vacation.
- 8 Best Credit Cards for Everyday Spending (Groceries, Gas, and More)
- Best American Airlines Business Credit Cards
- Are Bank Bonuses Worth It? Weighing the Pros and Cons
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.