This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you love to travel, it’s time to book your flights for the next six months. Southwest is having a huge sale, selling tickets throughout the United States for as little as $49. Also, trips within Hawaii start at just $39!
Best of all, you can now book flights through May 2020. That’s a full six months of cheap travel available right now. But act now, the sale ends on Nov. 21, 2019.
This Southwest sale is a good bargain. Here are a few other reasons why you should fully take advantage of these low fares:
- People are happier when planning a vacation in advance. This sale lets you plan vacations out to May 2020, giving you plenty of opportunities for a spectacular vacation.
- Most people plan 8 weeks in advance. The new Southwest sale has plenty of deals on flights for you to plan your vacation when you want it.
- Southwest is one of the most-loved airlines in America, according to surveys. With Southwest’s sale, you get not only low prices but also a top-rated travel experience.
You can either save on new flights or rebook flights to save money and get your points back.
Southwest Sale Details
- A 14-day advance booking is required for all continental U.S. travel, and 21-day advance booking for international travel
- Sale ends on Nov. 21 at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time
Here are the valid travel dates for the sale:
Continental U.S Flights:
- Dec. 3, 2019 through May 20, 2020
Flights within Hawaiian islands:
- Dec. 10, 2019, through May 20, 2020
Flights To/From San Juan and Puerto Rico:
- Jan. 15 through March 5, 2020
- And April 14 through May 14, 2020
- Jan. 7 through March 5, 2020
- April 14 through May 14, 2020
There are some blackout dates:
- Continental U.S. Flights
- Dec. 21-23
- Dec. 26-30
- Jan. 4-5
- Interisland Hawaii Flights
- Dec. 19 through Jan. 6
Again, Continental U.S. travel starts at $49, and interisland Hawaii travel starts at $39.
With two free checked bags for every customer, this Southwest sale is a great deal. Check out prices and book your flights on Southwest’s website.
Two Ways This Sale Saves You Money Right Now
1. You can plan ahead and book your travel through May 2020
If you know you’re going to travel in the next six months, now is the time to plan and book. The process is simple:
- Go to Southwest’s sale page
- Book your travel
On Southwest’s sale page, you can see all the valid flights, as well as their prices. You can plan your next trip around the flights with great prices. Not only will you get cheap airfare, but planning in advance may also make you happier (especially at these prices).
Booking your flight on one of the best Southwest credit cards can earn you some nice Rapid Rewards as well.
Just be aware of the Rapid Rewards changes coming next year.
2. Check your booked flights for price drops
Already have all your travel planned through May 2020? No problem. You can save money by rebooking your flights.
In one minute, you can earn travel credit
Whenever you rebook for a cheaper ticket, Southwest will give you either travel credit or points. By paying attention to every Southwest sale, you could earn more flights for dirt cheap.
You might even earn enough travel credit to travel more. The travel credit lasts for one year, which is plenty of time to take advantage of this sale to book new flights. Also, note that Southwest will match your elite status on any other US-based airline with its own A-List Southwest status for free, through December 31, 2019.
If you booked your flights with points, you could redeem your points
Sales on Southwest airlines aren’t rare. In fact, there’s usually a sale every week or so.
Southwest allows you to rebook flights easily any time the price drops. On most airlines, rebooking a flight costs a fee.
Southwest is the only major airline that never charges a fee for rebooking flights. All you have to do is pay the difference if the cost of your rebooked ticket is more than the original ticket. You can do this all on Southwest’s handy app, too.
Don’t forget, you also get two free checked bags with Southwest plus you can earn the coveted Southwest Companion Pass.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.