This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
There’s some exciting news about the Chase Southwest Credit Cards! Starting today, January 10, 2019, a new sign-up bonus is available for all three Southwest credit cards: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card, and Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card. When you sign-up for any of these cards through February 11, 2019, you will earn 30,000 points AND a promotional Southwest Companion Pass after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
Editor’s Note: The offers mentioned in the video review below are no longer valid.
More About the Southwest Companion Pass
This promotional Companion Pass is a little bit different than the standard Companion Pass, however. It will still allow customers to choose one person to fly with them free of airline charges (though not including taxes and fees) every time you purchase or redeem points for a flight. That means that all flights are basically buy one, get one free!
But the promotional Southwest Companion Pass will only be valid until December 31, 2019. Usually, a Southwest Companion Pass is valid for the rest of the year in which it was earned and the entire following year. You won’t get quite as much time to use the promotional Companion Pass.
That said, this is the easiest it has ever been to earn a Southwest Companion Pass! Typically, you would have to earn 110,000 qualifying points within a calendar year to be eligible. That’s a lot of flying.
Points earned from the Southwest Credit Cards also count toward the 110,000 needed points, but you would have to be a pretty big spender to get there that way. Alternatively, it has been possible to apply for two different Southwest Credit Cards within the same year. You can possibly earn both sign-up bonuses, which do count toward the 110,000 point requirement.
With Chase’s so-called 5/24 rule (if you’ve gotten more than five credit cards in the last 24 months, you won’t likely be approved for new Chase cards), that avenue has gotten much more difficult as well.
I think this offer is super exciting because it makes earning a Southwest Companion Pass super easy. If you apply for it soon and hit the $4,000 minimum spending requirement in your first month, you can still get close to 11 months of use out of your Companion Pass! That could save you a boatload of money and/or miles throughout 2019.
Once again, this offer is available with the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card, and Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card.
Are you going to apply for any of the Southwest Credit Cards with this great new bonus?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.