It’s that time of year again—the holiday time of year—and the excitement is already in the air. Will you be staying close to home this year, or traveling like me?
As you know, I like to travel, and the holidays are often a good time (or excuse) to travel. But this year is particularly exciting as a traveler because Starwood Resorts is offering savings of up to 20-40% at some of their most luxurious resorts destinations across North and Latin America. The sale is running from November 25-December 6, 2013, and some top-notch getaways are among the most heavily discounted—including a few in Hawaii, where I’ll be heading with Natalie for New Year’s Eve. Here’s the link to the promotion, which is technically for Cyber Monday but again is running for nearly two weeks:
And on December 2 only (Cyber Monday), Starwood will be giving away 67 prizes that include three-to-five-night stays at different hotel properties as well as a grand prize of 225,000 SPG Starpoints, which is enough for up to five (5) nights and two (2) domestic airline tickets. To enter, you have to visit the contest page on Facebook on December 2, Like the page, and then “shake the snow globe.” By “shaking,” you’ll be entered to win the grand prize even if you don’t win a free stay instantly. Here’s the Facebook page, where the contest will be running December 2:
- Starwood Resorts’ Cyber Monday Contest on Facebook (December 2 only)
Even though it’s more than a month away, I can’t stop thinking about my trip to Hawaii for New Year’s Eve, which I’ll be spending at Starwood’s Westin Princeville in Kauai. There’s just no place like Hawaii. Lush green mountains, steaming volcanoes, palm trees and beautiful beaches—and most of all, an all-encompassing happiness.
For me, the magic of Hawaii is summed up in the word aloha, which as many people know can be used as both “hello” and “goodbye.” But did you know that aloha is actually symbolic of an entire way of life as well? According to Curby Rule, an early teaching of aloha in Hawaiian culture goes like this:
Aloha is being a part of all, and all being a part of me. When there is pain – it is my pain. When there is joy – it is also mine. I respect all that is as part of the Creator and part of me. I will not willfully harm anyone or anything. When food is needed I will take only my need and explain why it is being taken. The earth, the sky, the sea are mine to care for, to cherish and to protect. This is Hawaiian – this is Aloha!
Anyone who’s been to Hawaii probably understands this—I know I do, as I’ve been to Hawaii many times before. I really can’t wait to say aloha to 2013, and then aloha again to 2014, and if that sounds good to you as well, then make sure to check out the savings this Starwood sale is offering on its Hawaiian resorts, including:
- Westin Princeville (where I’m going): $255/night (15% off)
- Sheraton Kauai: $169/night (30% off)
- Monana Surfrider: $245/night (15% off)
- Westin Maui: $229/night (10% off)
If Hawaii’s not for you, that’s okay because the sale applies to properties all over the U.S., Canada and Latin America. Happy holidays, and if you do get away with Starwood (or on your own), be sure to check in (with photos) from wherever you go using the hashtag #ResortsUnplugged on both Twitter and Instagram!
And while you’re at it
I’ll be taking part in Starwood’s #HappiestMonday Twitter chat on Cyber Monday (December 2) at 10 am PT. We’ll be chatting about ways travel makes us happy and announcing some of Monday’s Instant winners from the Facebook contest. Here’s the link to the feed for Monday. I hope you’ll join us!
For more on the Starwood promotion, you can check out these posts from other bloggers as well:
- From Girl Gone Travel: Cyber Mondays: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Brings You Closer to Caribbean Paradise
- From Vagabond3: Happiness is…A Mexican Resort Getaway with Starwood Resorts
- From Tonya Staab: Happiness is Desert and Golf Getaways at Starwood Resorts
- From The Mother of all Trips: Happiness is skiing – and Starwood’s Cyber Monday
- From Hip Travel Mama: Happiness is a #welltraveledfamily in 2014 | #HappiestMonday
- From La Jolla Mom: Happiness Is Booking California Starwood Hotels On Cyber Monday
And finally, some pictures of the Hawaiian properties mentioned above:
*This is a sponsored post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.