Our good friend and fellow travel writer Chris McGinnis has partnered with Best Western as the YouMustBeTrippin.com business travel expert to offer some predictions for the summer travel season ahead. This guy has basically been everywhere, written a few books and contributed to many major media outlets to offer his travel advice. We just love hearing his thoughts!
Here is his assessment on what should be a busy summer travel season this year:
We had a cold winter this year and Americans are ready for summer. Best Western says that advanced bookings for June, July and August are already up 6 percent compared to this time last year; and compared with 5 years ago during the same time period, bookings are up 48 percent this year. To get ahead of higher demand, redeem points to help defray the cost of trips. Also keep an eye out for bonus deals that start in spring and continue into the summer travel season.
2. Gas prices
While we have seen gas prices plummet to record lows earlier this year (2 bucks a gallon!), chances are we won’t see the typical spike of summer gas prices like we did last year. That means book your summer trips to parks like the Grand Canyon and Yosemite now before they fill up.
3. Strength in the US dollar
Due to the strength in the US dollar, Europe is on sale this year—some parts of Europe you can find deals up to 25 percent off. Even despite lower fuel costs, we likely won’t see airline deals to Europe but your savings on the ground will help defray the cost of the airline ticket.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.