Our good friend and fellow travel writer Chris McGinnis has partnered with Best Western as the YouMustBeTrippin.com business travel expert to offer some predictions for the summer travel season ahead. This guy has basically been everywhere, written a few books and contributed to many major media outlets to offer his travel advice. We just love hearing his thoughts!
Here is his assessment on what should be a busy summer travel season this year:
We had a cold winter this year and Americans are ready for summer. Best Western says that advanced bookings for June, July and August are already up 6 percent compared to this time last year; and compared with 5 years ago during the same time period, bookings are up 48 percent this year. To get ahead of higher demand, redeem points to help defray the cost of trips. Also keep an eye out for bonus deals that start in spring and continue into the summer travel season.
2. Gas prices
While we have seen gas prices plummet to record lows earlier this year (2 bucks a gallon!), chances are we won’t see the typical spike of summer gas prices like we did last year. That means book your summer trips to parks like the Grand Canyon and Yosemite now before they fill up.
3. Strength in the US dollar
Due to the strength in the US dollar, Europe is on sale this year—some parts of Europe you can find deals up to 25 percent off. Even despite lower fuel costs, we likely won’t see airline deals to Europe but your savings on the ground will help defray the cost of the airline ticket.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.