When I travel, I usually use Blacklane to get and from airports and between planned points (full disclosure: I’m a Blacklane brand ambassadors). The thing is, though, that Blacklane cars need to be booked at least one hour in advance. When I have last-minute trips or I’m not sure when I’ll be ready to leave, I have to look elsewhere, and that usually means Uber, Lyft or a local taxi. But when you need a taxi, who the heck wants to look up a phone number and then get on the line and order one? No one in this day and age. This is especially true when you’re traveling internationally and there’s a language barrier.
The mytaxi app (available for free on both Android and iOS) is another way to find a ride in Europe with a few taps of your phone. In fact, it bills itself as the world’s biggest taxi app, with more than 45,000 taxis available for booking in nine countries and ~100 European cities, including:
- Austria: Salzburg, Vienna
- Germany: Aachen, Augsburg, Berlin, Bochum, Bonn, Bremen, Cologne, Dortmund, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Essen, Erlangen, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Hanover, Ingolstadt, Leipzig, Lübeck, Mannheim, Munich, Mülheim a.d.R., Nuremberg, Offenbach, Potsdam, Stuttgart, Westerland (Sylt), Wiesbaden
- Ireland: Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Waterford
- Italy: Milan, Rome, Turin
- Poland: Katowice/Silesian Agglomeration, Krakow, Poznan, Tricity (Gdansk/Sopot/Gdynia), Warsaw, Wrocław
- Portugal: Lisbon, Porto
- Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia
- Sweden: Stockholm
- UK: Brighton, Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Oxford
With mytaxi, you can order the next licensed taxi near you, track your driver’s arrival, and pay your fare through the app, so it’s a lot like Uber’s app. The mytaxi app also allows you to book a ride in Europe up to four days in advance. You can request a larger car by choosing TAXI XL and even order a wheelchair-friendly vehicle.
I haven’t used it yet but there are more than 10 million users and the ratings and reviews are mostly positive. Have you used mytaxi? What was your experience?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.