So the real reason 600 travel bloggers and 150 PR reps were in the Colorado Rockies was to learn and network. TBEX was originally founded by Kim Mance but she sold it to BlogWorld a few months ago which was a smart move. Kim will be the first to admit she was never an event organizer and the conference desperately needed structure and organization.
TBEX was already the largest travel blogger conference but it’s now destined to be enormous. Each year the attendees have pretty much doubled including this year and now with BlogWorld at the helm – watch out! As long as they keep the registration fee for bloggers low (it’s around $80) and price it right for PR (I think it’s $600) it’s going to become a must-attend event for everyone in the online travel community.
Here’s a list of this year’s speakers and seminars. I was on a panel with Scott Carmichael and Natalie Bahadur where we taught attendees how they can create a successful email newsletter. Although ours was on Sunday afternoon at 2 pm and most people had taken off or were just spent from the altitude and partying, I think it went well.
What’s crazy is that we had to leave at 2:30pm since Natalie had a 5:55pm flight so we did something creative – we did the Q&A from the car by using #TBEXJJ on Twitter. Here’s a sample tweet: @flashpackerhq: Can you provide a link for some great, amazing examples of newsletters? My answer was Johnny Jet’s Travel Deals, News & Tips and StyleatHome.com.
Here are some of the other presentations and blog posts about this year’s TBEX from other bloggers.
- CC Chapman’s Keynote
- Gary Arndt’s: First Thoughts on TBEX 2012
- Jen Miner: Travel Blog Exchange Conference Grows Up
- TBEX 2012 Flickr Photos
- JD Andrews: TBEX area photos
- Katie Coakley: TBEX Takeaways
- Britany Robinson: TBEX Wrap-up
- Sun[Shine] and Stilettos: First TBEX Experience Slideshow
- AnywhereAndHere: A writer is a writer is a writer (or what I learned at TBEX’12)
TBEX 2012 Flickr Photos
JD Andrews: TBEX area photos http://www.earthxplorer.com/blog/the-beautiful-scenery-of-the-colorado-rockies.html
Katie Coakley: TBEX TAKEAWAYS
Britany Robinson: TBEX Wrap-up
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.