I’ve been to a NASCAR race once before as a guest of Jimmie Johnson’s (he was good friends with my cousin) to see him race at the California Speedway back in 2005. The experience was unreal as we helicoptered in from Santa Monica and then toured his pit during the race. After he drove around in circles for four hours in 120 degree heat, he made us dinner in his RV. He’s the coolest guy.
I didn’t think this trip to NASCAR could come anywhere close to my first but I was pleasantly surprised. No matter how you feel about NASCAR, these people know how to market a sport and treat their fans. I wish tennis and other sports would take a lesson from them. You can’t even go near tennis players and all they are doing is swinging a racket. Fans of NASCAR have unbelievable access to them and these guys are driving 195MPH just a few inches away from their counterparts, risking their lives.
The Texas Motor Speedway (3545 Lone Star Circle | Fort Worth, Texas 76177 |817.215.8593) is
This is America’s second-largest sports and entertainment facility and it’s just 20 miles north of downtown Fort Worth and is now the only speedway in the country to host every major form of American automobile racing, including NASCAR NEXTEL cup racing and Indy style racing.
The stadium accommodates 200,000 fans and a 1.5-mile oval track and NASCAR comes three times a year. I was there for the Duck Commander 500 (yes, it’s named after those long bearded dudes on TV) so they had to drive 334 laps (my boy Jimmie Johnson won!).
In addition to year-round racing, they also offer tours and championship driving schools. New racing facilities at the Speedway include a 13,000-seat Dirt Track, and a new infield road course complex.
Before the race our tickets (and it seemed half of the others) allowed us to walk across the track, check out the drivers’ garages and watch them get introduced before they each drove away on the back of a Chevy Silverado. You gotta love all the advertisers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.