This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
‘Tis the season to start planning your holiday travel to ensure you get a good price and the flight you want. Plus, you can earn Citi ThankYou bonus points on qualifying bookings through December 31, 2021. Here are the details about the participating rewards cards and eligible purchases.
Book Hotels and Car Rentals on Citi ThankYou
Until December 31, 2021, participating Citi credit cards earn an additional 3 ThankYou points per $1 on eligible hotel and car rental purchases booked through the ThankYou Travel Center Portal.
The participating credit cards and earning potential are as follows:
- Citi Premier® Card: 6x points on hotels and car rental purchases booked through the ThankYou Travel portal
- Citi Rewards+® Card: 4x points on hotels and car rental purchases booked through the ThankYou Travel portal
The discontinued Citi ThankYou Preferred is also participating in this holiday travel bonus.
Note that there is no limit on how many points you can earn during this promotion. It can be an excellent way to maximize your travel expenses for a family road trip.
Citi Premier Bonus Categories
In addition to this limited-time bonus category, the Citi Premier also regularly earns 3x ThankYou points on these purchases:
- Air travel
- Gas stations
Booking directly from the hotel continues to earn the standard 3 points per $1 award. All non-bonus purchases earn 1x ThankYou points.
This card also offers an annual $100 hotel statement credit when you book a minimum $500 hotel stay (excluding taxes and fees) using thankyou.com. The first $100 in purchases may not earn purchase rewards if you haven’t redeemed this credit yet this year.
New Citi Premier® Card cardholders can earn an 80,000 ThankYou points signup bonus worth $800 in gift cards. Earn the bonus after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months.
Here’s the credit score you need to get the Citi Premier.
Citi Rewards+ Bonus Categories
The Citi Rewards+® Card has a tiered rewards structure:
- 2 ThankYou points per $1 spent at supermarkets and gas stations (on the first $6,000 per year then 1x)
- 1x ThankYou points on non-bonus purchases
- Purchases round up to the next 10 points (i.e., 122 points becomes 130 points)
You will also get 10% of your points back on the first 100,000 points you redeem each year.
This card doesn’t charge an annual fee and technically isn’t a travel credit card. But it is participating in a couple of Citi’s travel-related bonuses.
American Airlines Mile Transfers
In addition to this bonus, these cards are also letting you transfer ThankYou points to American Airlines for a limited time. This transfer window ends on November 13, 2021.
This bonus offer can be an easy way to earn bonus points on hotel and car rental bookings. Along with earning 3 bonus points per $1, the ThankYou travel center can also help you easily find the best rates for your travel dates. Or use it for any fees for the ABA therapy in east texas. Or apply to no therapy costs and just save it for travel costs.
- How Much Is A Citi ThankYou Point Worth?
- The Best Limited-Time Credit Card Offers
- Travel Credit Card Showdown: Citi Premier vs Capital One Venture Rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.