Editor’s note: The team at The Rooftop Guide has visited 500+ rooftop bars in the last 24 months. Here, co-founder Hans shares 10 all-time favorites.
To drink with a view is something most people love to do. And it’s no secret that travelers tend to visit rooftops more and more during their trips to the world’s most popular destinations. From therooftopguide.com—the biggest and most popular guide to rooftop bars across the world—here are our 10 favorite rooftop bars:
1. Marina Bay Sands Skypark, Singapore
One of the best rooftops you can find and also the highest and coolest rooftop infinity pool in the world. This patio has it all. Besides the swimming pool, you’ll find palm trees, sun loungers, amazing service, breathtaking 360-degree views of Singapore, tasty cocktails, and delicious food. If you want a memory for life, you must visit Marina Bay Sands. Make sure to stay at the hotel to be able to use the rooftop pool.
2. The Press Lounge, New York
Perched on top of the luxurious hotel Ink 48—a Kimpton hotel—you’ll find this gem. The skyline view from the terrace is one of the best in NYC. To the west you have panoramic views of the Hudson River and to the east, of the Manhattan skyline. Make sure to come here just before sunset to get the most out of what the rooftop has to offer. The nice party atmosphere on the terrace is also a popular reason people come here.
3. Wooloomooloo, Hong Kong
There’s no place like Wooloomooloo if you like a spectacular city view among skyscrapers. When entering the terrace you’ll be stunned by the mighty and beautiful sights in all directions. From the bar you can order cocktails from an extensive drink list while gazing out over the skyline view. Make sure to come here before sunset to experience the colorful spectacle when the city turns from daylight into darkness.
4. Majestic, Barcelona
The roof terrace of the 5-star Majestic hotel offers one of the best views in all of Barcelona: 360-degree sightlines over the city and the Mediterranean. There’s always a nice atmosphere up here and for those who likes to party, the terrace gets a little bit livelier during the late evenings. Delicious cocktails and fast service are also some of the things you can expect from the staff and bar at this fantastic party spot in Barcelona.
5. SUSHISAMBA, London
The best rooftop bar in London and also the highest in Europe. When entering the terrace you get a mighty view over London in all directions. Besides the fantastic view, SUSHISAMBA also possesses a top-notch restaurant with Asian food to die for. This is a perfect place to visit for a long wine lunch or some evening cocktails. Make sure to try the sushi and sashimi as it’s delicious.
6. Le 360, Cannes
Le 360 is located on the top floor of the luxurious 5-star Radisson Blu in Cannes, France. From the terrace you get an absolutely amazing view over the Mediterranean Sea and the city of Cannes. The best time to come here is just before sunset for some evening cocktails. And for the jazz-lovers out there, they arrange a jazz evening here a couple of times every month. Sipping on a cocktail in a comfy lounge sofa with the sunset in front of your eyes is the best way to experience Le 360.
7. Flair at The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Shanghai
Flair Rooftop Bar & Restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai is—as the name suggests—a luxurious rooftop with an absolutely amazing skyline view over the central parts of Shanghai. This place is very popular, which makes a table reservation a good idea. Ask for a table near the edge of the terrace to get the best possible view. Like the view, there’s also a top-notch cocktail list and tasty Asian food for the thirsty and hungry ones.
8. OZONE at The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Ozone at The Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong is the world’s highest rooftop bar at an altitude of 480 meters, perched on the 118th floor of this super luxurious 5-star hotel. Dress for success and you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re in Hong Kong on a Sunday, you must try the Sunday Dom Perignon Brunch, with free flow of champagne and delicious food in all its variations. Probably one of the best and most iconic brunches in the world.
9. The Westin Excelsior, Florence
The perfect spot for a long wine lunch with your friends or loved one. When entering the terrace you get a fantastic view over Florence in all directions. The beautiful river Arno and the city’s historical buildings create a mighty and romantic atmosphere. The wine list is impressive, and so is the luxurious Italian food served up here. Choose between drinks in the lounge area or a rooftop dinner in the dining area. You won’t be disappointed.
10. 230 FIFTH, New York
One of New York’s most popular rooftop bars. And we can understand why. The terrace has a relaxed atmosphere that appeals to both tourists and locals. The décor of the terrace is quite simple, but the view of the Manhattans skyscrapers will blow you away. The Empire State Building—right in front of the terrace—makes you feel very small and humble. You can come here all year around. In the winter, you can drink cocktails in the rooftop igloos available on the terrace.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.