I was planning on attending the US Open last week since I’m one of SPG Amex’s ambassadors and it’s actually in my contract to go! However, my wife was put on mandatory bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy and I obviously couldn’t leave her side. But I was able to live vicariously through my sister Georgie Jet and her husband Cam, who were gracious enough to cover the event for me at the last minute.
Take it away Georgie…
Attending Thursday’s men’s quarterfinals match at the 2016 US Open was nothing short of an amazing dream—from parking in a secure parking lot at CitiField (watched by parking attendants for $23) to walking alongside the old World’s Fair metallic globe with my husband (and thinking that we both were actually there in 1964!) to entering the buzzing Billie Jean King National Tennis Center filled with enthusiastic tennis fans. There is nothing like the US Open.
And that was all before the matches started!
The other joy was walking back with the exuberant crowd, filled with excitement after being part of the live action.
Thanks, Johnny and SPG Amex…
I’m (it’s Johnny again) glad Georgie and Cam had fun, but I plan on attending myself next year (as I’ll still have the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express!).
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for SPG Amex and receives financial compensation.[notice]
More on the 2016 US Open with SPG
SPG also hosted editor Ian Livingston at the 2016 US Open on August 30. Says Ian:
“The new SPG double suite at Arthur Ashe Stadium is impressive on its own, and even better as a conduit of live tennis. On August 30, 2016, in the world’s largest and often most electric tennis venue, it included a box full of seats with great sightlines, a replenishing hot bar (with eggplant marinara and some sort of delicious white fish), complimentary wine and drinks (like SPG’s specialty cocktail, the Honey Deuce), and a special tennis-y guest in James Blake. It was really, really nice.”
A few pics:
- Serena v Ekaterina Makarova
- SPG signature US Open cocktail, the Honey Deuce
- James Blake in the SPG suite
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.