I recently wrote about EarthTV, which is where I find my travel fix these days since I’m not traveling. It’s an amazing channel, which I prefer to watch on my large-screen TV and not my computer via YouTube (here’s my story on EarthTV).
Since then, I’ve discovered many incredible webcams and I’ve noticed that the really good ones usually only have over a dozen people watching them. But one of the most popular ones I’ve come across is from EXPLORE.org of brown bears feasting on salmon as they swim upstream to spawn. It’s the coolest nature webcam ever!
The camera is situated on the shores of Brooks Falls in Alaska’s Katmai National Park, which is known as the best place in the world to watch bears feed. The camera is obviously live seasonally because bears hibernate and Alaska gets extremely cold so you can find out the best time to watch live and learn more about Katmai on EXLPORE.org. FYI: In the winter time, they show prerecorded highlights of the summer cam.
It’s not clear if someone from EXPLORE is operating the cam or if users can take turns as some webcams allow viewers to remotely control them by zooming in/out, going up/down or turning left/right.
I love this webcam because it brings nature to you, raw, unscripted and unedited. It’s mesmerizing to watch!
- These 9 Travel Webcams Let You See the World From Home
- Staying Safe around Bears
- Past Travel Webcam of the week
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,762!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.