The Greater Cleveland Aquarium, which sits along the Cuyahoga River, opened its doors in January 2012. The 70,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility has 36 exhibition tanks, filled with millions of gallons of water, and is home t0 more than 5,000 fish.
The aquarium is designated into 10 exhibition areas including The Tropical Reef, Exotic Freshwater, and the Florida Keys, just to name a few. The Ohio Lakes and River exhibit showcases the freshwater species native to Ohio, along with channel catfish, walleye, and bass.
The shark tank consists of a variety of 18 sharks, eels, and saltwater creatures that allows visitors an up-close and personal view of scuba divers doing their daily shark feedings. The Underwater SeaTube exhibit – a crowd favorite – allows visitors to experience life under the sea in a 150 foot acrylic, underwater tunnel, where sharks, stings rays, yellowtail snappers, and rooster hogfish swim together peacefully.
In Cleveland’s effort to utilize older buildings for new business, it was completely renovated the mid-1980s. Some of its distinctive features, such as the smokestacks, stylish arched windows, and distressed walls were restored and now play an integral part of the aquarium’s character. The building also doubles as a banquet hall, an outdoor concert venue, and is surrounded by restaurants, offices and apartments.
One of the most enjoyable parts of my visit was undoubtedly the interaction with our infectious tour guide. Captain Neo, impressively came all the way from the 1700s to spend some time with us. He was engaging, informative and hilarious. But more so than anything, his attitude spoke to the aquarium’s commitment to connect with its guests in an intimate way that both children and adults would remember for a long time.
Admission: Adults $21.95, Children $15.95, Annual passes start at $50
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.