I’ve been to a couple of NASCAR races (California Speedway and the Texas Motor Speedway) and I couldn’t really get into it. And I had the VIP treatment on both. However, after getting in one of these cars (that’s a story in itself, as you can tell from the photo above; thanks Craig for snapping it) I have a new appreciation for the drivers. It takes a person who’s very in shape, both mentally and physically, to drive one of these bad boys…especially in the heat, which gets up to 120ºF in the cars and they’re wearing suits!
The NASCAR Experience takes place all over the country and prices start at $99. I was told by an insider that Groupon usually offers the best deals. Participants wear a helmet and neck brace and jump through the window (the doors don’t open) and wait to get triple-buckled in. Then the driver cracks a joke; one of them said to me, “It’s my day driving as I’m really a United flight attendant.” He then stepped on the gas full throttle. It felt like a roller coaster but worse since you’re not on rails.
You do three laps around the track, which in my opinion is two too many. At 165mph, I couldn’t do much except pray that I get to see my family again. I’m glad I did it but I don’t need to ever do it again. However, most of my colleagues felt the complete opposite. Some had done it multiple times and would do it professionally if they could. Afterwards, we had a private tour of a couple of the drivers’ garages (not part of the NASCAR Experience).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.