NoMo SoHo Hotel, located in Manhattan’s SoHo district, showcases a twist of nostalgic and modern elements for its discerning guests. As an abbreviation for “nostalgic and modern,” NoMo represents a cross between vintage and cutting-edge.
The 263-room hotel—previously known as the Mondrian SoHo—is bursting with personality, unique décor, art installations, and a new culinary approach. Not to mention it’s in the perfect location for scouting out boutiques and art galleries, all while being tucked away down a quiet side street in SoHo.
Art and design
Walking into the hotel, guests will notice design elements from Jean Cocteau’s 1946 French film La Belle et la Bête. Attention will also be drawn to its modern lobby and workspace environment on the main floors.
The hotel highlights a revolving art program showcasing a SEVEN sculpture by Robert Indiana, lobby wall art by Marilyn Minter, lobby photography by Wolfgang Wesener, and a mural called “Bleeding Hearts” by New York City street artist jgoldcrown.
Lavish, comfortable rooms
Guests can start and end every Manhattan day by admiring the view from the 10-foot floor-to-ceiling windows while relaxing in the lavish comfort of 300-thread count sheets, down comforters, and a light and airy room filled with hues of blue and white. They can relax in a sophisticated, spacious room (especially for New York!) with an HD television and minibar.
A new culinary experience
Beyond the luxe accommodations, the hotel pushes boundaries in the kitchen with a strong menu and unique craft cocktails at NoMo Kitchen, its signature restaurant.
New Executive Chef Gary King is known for his sustainable, farm-to-table cooking methods. And he is evolving NoMo Kitchen’s cuisine by integrating his expertise in international flavors to introduce a fresh, rustic American menu infused with Mediterranean influences and a focus on quality seasonal ingredients.
Guests will find fresh land and sea selections with seasonal produce as well as house-made pastas. Check out the new menu here.
The tuna tartare appetizer has been a staple on the menu and is a favorite of the locals I spoke with during my visit.
Some of Chef King’s favorite dishes include:
- Duck wings with yuzo kosho, honey and scallions. A delicious, picture-perfect dish that features fermented chills and bright red scallions. A great finger food.
- Pan-seared salmon with farro, beets, grapefruit, and lemon olive oil. A colorful spring dish filled with bright yellow, red and purple beets, grapefruit citrus, and arugula that adds a green pop.
- House-made cacio e pepe with pecorino, cracked pepper and a poached farm egg. A special house-made pasta favorite!
Unique craft cocktails
And a meal wouldn’t be complete without a creative craft cocktail from the handcrafted cocktail program by mixologist Xavier Herit. He’s shaking things up by adding seasonal, out-of-the-box concoctions.
A unique touch to brunch at NoMo includes a vintage punch bowl (punch bowls line the top of the bar so you will see them upon entering!). Order a “Scorpion Bowl” (serves two to four people) with rooibos-tea-infused Plantation 3 Stars, Pierre Ferrand 1840 Cognac, orgeat syrup, and orange and lemon juice. Or get the “Pisco Punch” (serves 4-5): Macchu Pisco, Cocchi Rosa Vermouth, pineapple, cinnamon syrup, lime, clove tincture, and Peychaud’s Bitters.
- “NoMo Coco”: kaffir lime leaves and oolong-tea-infused Yaguara Cachaça, Thai coconut mix, lime, and Angostura bitters
- “The Eclipse”: Lapsang-souchong-tea-infused Elyx vodka, Plantation Rum O.V.P., kummel, allspice dram, lime, pineapple juice, and Greek yogurt
Before leaving NoMo Kitchen, don’t forget to spend plenty of time gawking at the beautiful pops of color, interesting design and stunning chandeliers. What an awesome hang-out spot for locals and hotel guests alike.
To sum up
It’s safe to say that eating, drinking and staying at NoMo SoHo will deliver a unique experience through its art, design, accommodations, and food and beverage offerings.
NoMo SoHo is located at 9 Crosby St., New York, NY 10013. Reservations can be made at nomosoho.com or by calling 646-218-6400.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.