By Natalie DiScala
I recently attended the LA Times Travel Show and got to meet lots of great people in the travel industry and was introduced to a variety of fun new products. One of my favourites: The Ollo Clip.
What is it?
The Ollo Clip is a small three-in-one lens that easily snaps on to your iPhone. It gives you the option of using a wide-angle, fisheye or macro lens when you’re taking pictures, making on-the-go photography much more fun.
How it works
Slip the lens onto your phone to take fisheye photos like this one:
The hemispheric shape of the lens, with a 180-degree field of view, allows you to take wide, panoramic shots. It’s great for landscape photography.
Turn the lens around and just like that, you’ve got a wide-angle lens, that’ll let you take photos like this one:
It’s particularly useful when you’re trying to fit an entire panorama into your shot but can’t move back any further to get it all in. The wide-angle lens gives you a wider field of view (about double what the iPhone camera on its own has) so you can nail that beautiful shot.
Unscrew the wide-angle lens and you’ve got the macro lens, which is exceptional for capturing close-up detail like this:
You can hold your iPhone as close as 10mm from your subject and the lens will magnify the image up to 10 times.
The best part
Sometimes I think I’d like to carry an SLR camera around with me on my travels but I’m no professional photographer and I find them too big and bulky. I like to travel as light as possible. So for me, this tiny lens, so small that I can close my fist around it, is the perfect camera accessory to throw in my bag and just go. I love that it gives me lots of options when I’m taking photographs, makes my photos more interesting and it’s just so travel-friendly.
Natalie DiScala is the editor of OhTravelissima.com.
Note: The code “LATRAVEL” can be entered at checkout and it will zero out USPS Priority shipping. It is good until March 31, 2013.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.