Living near the beach is really wonderful, especially when you’ve got little ones. It’s the perfect playground, where they can run to their heart’s content, dig, discover and build, all while enjoying that fresh, ocean air.
But going to the beach with a baby can be stressful, mostly because of the fistfuls of sand they often try to shovel into their mouths, and then rubbing their eyes with those sandy hands. While I loved being at the beach with my babies, I found myself spending much of my time fussing and worrying about sand in their mouths and eyes and sun protection on their soft, delicate skin.
But having a baby doesn’t mean skipping the beach altogether, it just requires planning and preparation. The KidCo PeaPod Prestige is a beach-friendly travel bed that addresses all the concerns I mentioned above and is the perfect solution. It can be used indoors as well and is perfect for traveling. (Thanks to the KidCo team for sending me one to try out for myself.)
This version of the travel bed has been designed with more head room so it can accommodate children between the ages of one and four. It’s made with full mesh walls so you can always see your child but also allows air to flow through. The mesh sidings also act as an insect screen. It has an adjustable sunshade and a sleeping pad on the bottom to make it comfortable for your child to sleep and play. Inside, there are fabric loops where you can hang your child’s favorite toys and turn the bed into an activity center and there are inside storage pockets where you can store other favorite toys.
It automatically pops open and collapses to fold down flat so that you can easily store it or pack it in the included travel carry bag. It’s a great accessory to bring along not just to the beach but when you’re traveling to a friend’s or grandparent’s house. Lightweight, compact and extremely functional, it also makes a great gift for new parents.
The KidCo PeaPod Prestige retails for $79.95 and can be purchased here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.