Meal Train isn’t a travel website per se, but it’s nonetheless useful tool for anyone who has loved ones far away and who can’t be close to support them during a pressing time. One of the nice things about having a baby has been realizing how many amazing friends we have—especially the ones that offered to come over and bring food or even clean the house (thanks, JD). This free website simplifies the organization of meal-giving around significant life events like giving birth or a death in the family into five simple steps (see below).
Identify a friend who could use a little support and enter their name, email address and where to drop off meals.
Enter the dates meals would be helpful. Does your friend need support beyond meals?
Enter your friend’s food likes, dislikes, allergies, and the best time to drop off a meal.
Invite friends, family, congregation members via email, Facebook, Twitter, newsletters, and more.
Invited friends respond to the invitation, sign up for a date and take a meal.
For those that are really in need, there’s Meal Train Plus, which costs $10 but helps arrange multiple meals per day, rides, childcare, and more.
Have you used it? If yes, do you recommend it? If not, would you? Let us know in the comments!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.