Meal Train isn’t a travel website per se, but it’s nonetheless useful tool for anyone who has loved ones far away and who can’t be close to support them during a pressing time. One of the nice things about having a baby has been realizing how many amazing friends we have—especially the ones that offered to come over and bring food or even clean the house (thanks, JD). This free website simplifies the organization of meal-giving around significant life events like giving birth or a death in the family into five simple steps (see below).
Identify a friend who could use a little support and enter their name, email address and where to drop off meals.
Enter the dates meals would be helpful. Does your friend need support beyond meals?
Enter your friend’s food likes, dislikes, allergies, and the best time to drop off a meal.
Invite friends, family, congregation members via email, Facebook, Twitter, newsletters, and more.
Invited friends respond to the invitation, sign up for a date and take a meal.
For those that are really in need, there’s Meal Train Plus, which costs $10 but helps arrange multiple meals per day, rides, childcare, and more.
Have you used it? If yes, do you recommend it? If not, would you? Let us know in the comments!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.