My wife Natalie and I landed at JFK from our Bali honeymoon right on time. I sped through customs thanks to my Global Entry card but had to wait for Natalie since she applied late. We then jumped in a car service (tried out GroundLink.com for the first time) and went straight to the city. I’m one of American Express’ “star” travel bloggers, so I was able to get a comped room at The St. Regis New York. Gotta love that!
The St. Regis New York is a very special hotel and here are 8 reasons why.
The St. Regis New York is located on the corner of 55th Street and Fifth Avenue in the heart of Manhattan. The best shopping/dining/people watching in the world is right there. Here’s a complete list of all the distances from the hotel to New York’s most popular attractions, including Central Park which is four blocks away.
The St. Regis New York has 164 guest rooms and 65 suites that feature grand French design. The elegance of custom-made furnishings, including silk wall coverings and antiques is really quite lovely.
Every room has butler service. That’s right, a butler, so if you want something they will get it done no matter what the request. (Well, I’m not so sure about the illegal stuff so don’t get your hopes up.)
Both Natalie and my sister (she stayed with us one of the nights) would not stop raving about the showerhead, water pressure, and toiletries. The bathrooms come stocked with Laboratoire Remède which I’d never heard of but are obviously the crème de le crème.
5. Free Wi-Fi
Don’t you hate it when expensive hotels nickel and dime you, especially when it comes to Wi-Fi? Not here, it’s free.
6. Free Pressing
On the day of arrival each guest gets two items pressed for free. I LOVE this because my clothes are always wrinkled as I refuse to check a bag and I hate to iron. Guests also get free tea/coffee service and shoe shines.
7. The Bed
The bed and sheets are so soft it’s difficult not to have a great night’s sleep. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud, so if you want to buy me something for Christmas — get me The St. Regis New York’s bedding.
8. High tech Controls
You don’t have to go around manually turning off lights or closing the blinds. Just press a couple of buttons and your room will either get bright or pitch black instantly.
- Natalie’s sister and her best friend both flew in from Toronto to surprise her for her birthday. I captured one of the moment’s on film and it might be the best pic I’ve ever taken.
- The only negative I could find about the St. Regis New York is they charge $95 per night for a rollaway bed which explains why I kicked my sister out for night number two.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.