The busiest travel day of the year is upon us, but where are Americans going this Thanksgiving? Allianz Global Assistance just released a list of the top 10 hot spots this Thanksgiving holiday, and New York City and Cancun came out on top as the most popular domestic and international destinations, respectfully.
The report also ranked the following cities as popular domestic travel destinations for Thanksgiving after New York City: Los Angeles, Orlando, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Newark, Las Vegas, and Fort Lauderdale. International destinations that made the list after Cancun were: London, San Juan, Tokyo, Paris, Puerto Vallarta, San Jose Del Cabo, Hong Kong, Aruba, and Sydney.
The numbers were based on an analysis of the number of customers that used online booking to secure airfare and package paths from partners offering Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance to generate itineraries for travel around the Thanksgiving holiday (November 19-27, 2016). The company reviewed 1.3 million travel plans made by Americans to develop this list!
Here’s the full rundown of domestic and international destinations listed out with number of booking intents received.
|Rank||U.S. Destination||Booking Intents||Int’l Destination||Booking Intents|
|1||New York City||209,682||Cancun||41,144|
|7||Chicago||104,630||San Jose Del Cabo||16,443|
“While it’s great for bonding, the high volume of travelers and uncertain weather conditions can make an unexpected trip delay or cancelation all the more likely and travel insurance all the more important,” Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance said in a statement. “Allianz’s classic [insurance] policy provides great benefits where kids 17 years old or younger are covered at no extra cost when traveling with a parent or grandparent.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.