The busiest travel day of the year is upon us, but where are Americans going this Thanksgiving? Allianz Global Assistance just released a list of the top 10 hot spots this Thanksgiving holiday, and New York City and Cancun came out on top as the most popular domestic and international destinations, respectfully.
The report also ranked the following cities as popular domestic travel destinations for Thanksgiving after New York City: Los Angeles, Orlando, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Newark, Las Vegas, and Fort Lauderdale. International destinations that made the list after Cancun were: London, San Juan, Tokyo, Paris, Puerto Vallarta, San Jose Del Cabo, Hong Kong, Aruba, and Sydney.
The numbers were based on an analysis of the number of customers that used online booking to secure airfare and package paths from partners offering Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance to generate itineraries for travel around the Thanksgiving holiday (November 19-27, 2016). The company reviewed 1.3 million travel plans made by Americans to develop this list!
Here’s the full rundown of domestic and international destinations listed out with number of booking intents received.
|Rank||U.S. Destination||Booking Intents||Int’l Destination||Booking Intents|
|1||New York City||209,682||Cancun||41,144|
|7||Chicago||104,630||San Jose Del Cabo||16,443|
“While it’s great for bonding, the high volume of travelers and uncertain weather conditions can make an unexpected trip delay or cancelation all the more likely and travel insurance all the more important,” Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance said in a statement. “Allianz’s classic [insurance] policy provides great benefits where kids 17 years old or younger are covered at no extra cost when traveling with a parent or grandparent.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.