The other night I was channel surfing aimlessly as I usually do late at night, trying to skip all the annoying commercials … but one of the hazards of channel surfing is getting sucked into exactly what you’re trying to avoid. Before I knew it, I was suddenly so completely absorbed in an ad that I almost actually bought the product. But it’s for women so I didn’t. But still.
I thought this product was so cool that I made note of the website and showed it to my wife in the morning. She agreed that it looked awesome. So what is it exactly?
It’s a touch screen purse. The ad on TV was for a product that’s backed by Lori Greiner from Shark Tank and it’s a small, crossbody bag that has a clear ‘smart touch’ window that allows you to use your phone without removing it from the bag. It’s a cool concept under normal circumstances – it seems like an easy and convenient way for women to use their phones but during COVID-19, when we’re trying to reduce our contact with high-touch surfaces, it’s great to be able to talk and text without constantly handling your phone. (According to Time, our phones are 10 times dirtier than a toilet seat.)
I like this bag for my wife, my sisters and my mother-in-law because crossbody bags are safer when you travel and it’s big enough to hold not just your phone but some cash, credit cards and passport. It’s also has an RFID blocker to keep your information safe. But of course, the best part is the ‘smart touch’ window so that you can use your phone without ever taking it out. You’re less likely to lose your phone this way, too.
The product from the TV ad is sold at GetTouchscreenPurse.com and sells for $19.99 plus $6.99 for postage and handling and if you buy two, you get one free but still have to pay for postage and handling.
It’s also on Amazon for $19.99 and if you’re a Prime member, there’s no postage and handling fee. You can check it out here
There are other touch screen purse options on Amazon, which you can take a look at here:
BORIVILLA Crossbody Cellphone Purse with Touch Screen and RFID Blocking – this is the one my wife likes the best.
So, if you’re looking for a great gift idea for the woman on your shopping list or for something for yourself, I think a touch screen purse is a smart and handy thing to have. For myself, I guess I’ll just stick with my Scottevest jacket, which gives me tons of secret pockets to keep my stuff safe and secure.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.