Thanks to COVID, we’ve been stuck at home and not able to travel but with news of a vaccine on the horizon, things are starting to look up. So if you’re thinking that it might be time to plan a little getaway or even a staycation in your home town, you’ll be happy to know this secret tip, which I learned from my good friend Rudy Maxa’s excellent newsletter.
He says: “Say the secret phrase when checking into a Kimpton hotel between now and Valentine’s Day, and you’ll receive a nice surprise. Could be a room upgrade, could be free parking or a couple of drinks on the house—it’s up to the hotel. Just say, “Lift your spirits” when checking in.”
This isn’t the first time that Kimpton, an IHG hotel, has issued a secret password for guests to use to get bonus treats but it’s obviously a successful promotion and one that I think everyone could use in 2020 after the crazy year it’s been. And the good thing about it is that you don’t need to be a member of a program to take advantage of the promotion. You don’t need to book with an IHG credit card or have elite status with the hotel. This is good for anyone who says ‘Lift your spirits’ at check-in. Couldn’t be any easier.
RELATED: Find Your Place in the Vaccine Line
Wondering where there are Kimpton hotels? Check out this Kimpton hotel locator to find a location near you or wherever you’re traveling next.
Looking for another good secret tip? American Airlines is giving every AAdvantage a free holiday gift. Through their new promotion, you can get bonus miles. Find out how here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.